My fears of the first year haven't really developed yet. I suppose I am most worried about obtaining a position and I'll worry about the rest later! I've been watching the job market in KC and so far it looks like there are no openings for an art teacher.... I guess I need to broaden the number of districts I'm looking at and say a few prayers!
Thinking about the first year I suppose my fears are going to be a lot like everyone else. I'm a little worried about classroom management and more specifically dealing with students who talk back a lot. I guess it helps that I'm not very confrontational but I'm also afraid of being a pushover. I am worried about planning time and making sure that everything is in order before each class. I also would be interested in knowing how many hours outside of class per week that I should expect to put in. I'm definitely one of those people that likes to finish everything up before I go home for the day so I'm hoping that this habit will be able to continue on in the workplace.
No comments:
Post a Comment